Monday 14 September 2009

Dear Stanley,

We're all settling in well down here. Especially well this week as the weather keeps on being so marvy! Shorts have been worn, factor 50 applied - soon i shall be as tanned as the locals (who all seem v brown).

The ferry to Torpoint is now a regular part of my routine. Only yesterday i was over there visiting the Torpoint Continental Market; where i ate LOTS of starch-based products, bought the Jester's birthday present, and attempts were made to win my hand by attractive French boys. i'm sure i don't mean to encourage that sort of behaviour...

DD and others will no doubt be pleased to hear that i attended a Jobs Fair on Saturday. Mainly it was lots of people handing out web addresses, though a nice lady from the Early Learning Centre gave me an application form (and a compliment!). Now all i have to do is make "i will be good at recommending toys to customers as i will have played with most of them myself in the stockroom" sound professional :D
Other places i will be applying at include: the Post Office, Plymouth City Council and Plymouth City College. And a volunteering organisation. Fingers crossed!

Jon, meanwhile, is winning hearts and minds across Plymouth (and he's sure he doesn't mean to encourage that sort of behaviour...) Last week he was dunked in at the deep end with some actual students, and this week he's mainly attending University (and being bombarded with paperwork). But he does seem to be enjoying it, if the way he comes bounding in each night with tales of "the one who reminds me of a pink-haired Ace, from Doctor Who", "the two ballistics experts who I hope get together", and "the tutor group who don't actually hate me" are anything to go by.

Our little house (or Casamanca, as it has been christened) is looking quite Bohemian. The addition of a Third Wardrobe means i shall soon be winning the Battle of the Floordrobe. And then all our unpacking will be done.

Just in time for me to repack some of it and return to you, my darlings, for a brief spell next week. Having no Marvellous Charles the Flying Parson (why yes, i did just finish 'Cold Comfort Farm', why do you ask?) i must journey by Megabus, via the Great Metrop. - but for only £34 both ways i can endure much hardship.

xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, French boys? Where and why are you getting chatted up by French boys? You are such a red bottomed baboon. *le sigh*

    Though much applause for all of your mad job prospects. Soon you shall be the most employed person in all of the world, and everyone will cheer and you will spend all your hard earnt funds to take me to nice places, where I may meet French boys all of my own.

    As for Casamanca (sounds familiar...) it does sound like a party party house. You must put pictures up!

    I am just sorting out my finances (of which there seems to be double the amount for half the time...I wonders. Still, one must push on.

    See you next tuesday my ickle romokins. Exxy

    ReplyDelete